Happy Lent!

Yes, it's that time of year for my Catholic readers!

If you're not Catholic/Christian and want to learn more about Lent (I know I do!), here's some links to do so:
Wikipedia page on Lent
About.com Article on Lent
Catholic.org
Catholic Education Lent page

If you'd like to do more, Google Lent or go to your local library and read up!

Just a quick disclaimer: I am by no means Catholic or even Christian. But I did go to a Catholic school for kindergarten through either 1st or second grade. I need to double check with mom on that. I'm pretty sure she's the one who insisted I go.

Since it's Lent, I figured what better time to start on a diet. For Lent, I'm cutting out most of the really unhealthy processed 'food' I used to eat (except for coffee. I love me some coffee.), and switching over to more fruit, vegtables, milk (of any sort. Mom likes chocolate soy in her coffee, and it's worth switching to that in place of the creamers I normally put in my coffee.), yogurt, eggs and organic prepared foods. And if I actually lose a little weight, that's going to be an added bonus. Only thing I'm probably going to be really jonesing for whole process is soda, especially at work. But I'm going to be replacing that with tea/water. And I'm probably going to miss Mickey D's, but I'm going to probably find more healthy alternatives for that. I hope.

If you're giving anything up for Lent, or have some really nice vegetarian recipes, let me  know down in the comments. I'm open to trying most anything!

Catch y'all on the flipside!

Comments

Popular Posts