Thank the Goddess THAT went well!

Dad had his doctor's appointment today, and thankfully, it went better than mom and I thought it would. Dr. Myers (who's also my doc, and oh how I love her.) actually talked him into going for the tests he's been putting off because he's afraid his insurance won't pay for it/ that it's too damn expensive. So, score one there.

Score two is that she told him that he has to eat when he starts getting hungry, to keep his blood sugar level. Otherwise he gets all kinds off pissed off and suicidal. I don't mean your run of the mill hangry bit, I mean full blown, I'm honestly afraid he's going to hurt me, mom or one of the furbabies we have left angry. And yes, I told her that during the appointment, in front of him.

Score two and a half: He's finally got a walker! His breathing troubles have gotten to the point that he can't go the ten feet from our front door to the car without having to lean on the trunk to catch his breath. For the record, he's got emphysema, and the last time he had his chest scanned, he had a nodule in one of his lungs that just may've gotten worse. Now, hopefully, the insurance company will pay the other 85 % of the walker cost.

Score three: I ran into one of my schoolmates/neighbors from Long's Gap Road when we were waiting on the scrip for the walker and a test for him, and we recognized each other pretty quickly. Though, he remembered my name before I remembered his. (Yes, I've always been bad with putting names with faces. This is nothing  new, and kind of a running jokeish with most folks who know me.)

Well, that's all for now. Hopefully, the rest of the effing anvil of crappy luck will get off soon. (Prayers/spells/what have you welcome to help with that, because honestly? We need all the help we can get right now.)

Well, I'll talk to y'all later!
Kat

Comments

Popular Posts