Candlelight Vigil for Orlando, Fl, June 15, 2016, Carlisle, Pa



       I know you're probably sick of hearing about what happened in Orlando on June 12th, but this kind of violence towards the LGBT+ community can't keep happening. These folks were/are someone's brother, sister, mother, father, cousin, aunt, uncle...

(Ninja edit to add this. Copied from what I posted on Patreon.)

       Most of what I hate about this shooting in particular is how the shooter used Islam as an excuse to go murder and injure the folks. Mom knows/has known several through her job, and they're pretty damn peaceful, not violent like the shooter and the terrorist hate groups. But of course, once Islam's mentioned, Islamophobia's going to rear its ugly-arsed head. 

       My opinion on his real motive? Not being able to accept he was gay, and the fact he didn't get the mental help he demonstrated he needed when he was younger. What I think could have prevented this? Actually keeping his arse on the Do Not Fly list, and having that show up on background checks for weaponry as a hard no on buying guns. But before you bring up the whole 'But he would have gone to the black market' argument, I don't doubt he would have, and there really needs to be a fragging way to block that. How, I don't know. But let's use that as a jumping off point to figure out a solution.

Comments

Popular Posts