Oooo, pretty chain maille!

       Yes, I'm teaching myself how to make chain maille. I picked up Basics of Chain Maille by Lauren Andersen over at A.C. Moore a week or so ago because hey, I've wanted to try doing it for awhile now.

First chain?



       This is the Byzantine (or birdcage) chain, the first type covered in the booklet. This is actually the second one I made, since I didn't think to take photos of the first one I made, and Mom's already claimed it.

Second Chain?






       These took a few tries to get the hang of, but I rather like this particular chain. It definitely lends itself to having various bits added on a hair better than the Byzantine in my opinion, but I'll be experimenting a bit with that some after I learn the next couple chains in the booklet. But I do know the last 4-in-1 will be going on my camcorder with maybe one or two additions. Gotta keep my equipment looking snazzy and recognizable, after all!

       I'm seriously considering having some chainmaille jewelry up as a Patreon reward level, depending on interest.

Kat

Comments

Popular Posts