Happy new year!

Well, it's January 1st, 2011. Made it through another year fairly intact.

Didn't make all that many resolutions for this upcoming year, just some stuff that will hopefully cut down on stress.

Here's what I plan on doing in the new year to accomplish that:
  1. Finish the knitting I have on the needles. As of last count I have the first socks of two pairs on the needles, both of them for myself. I'm hoping that I can hopefully get them finished by the end of the month. I also have a blanket/wrap bit I need to finish for a friend's birthday in early February. That... I'd better get my butt busting on... Also have the wrist warmers I started knitting for me and Mom. I have half finished for me, and about... three quarters left for mom. Also have two scarves on the needles... Lord, I need to get my UFOs turned into FOs!
  2. Clean and rearrange my room. This... Has actually been an ongoing battle since we moved in a few years ago. While my room may not make an episode of Hoarders, I still need to go through the crud and sort out what I need to throw away, donate/sell and keep. *sigh* Well, I do know my jewelry supplies, knitting supplies and stash are definite keepers, so that at least is a little less that I have to worry about, but I still need to get a containment system for them.
  3. Lose about fifty pounds. As it stands, I'm five foot two and last I checked, I weighed about 196 pounds. I'm going to try to lose the excess weight through eating healthier, eating smaller meals, and walking/biking where I need to go, when it's feasible. Walking or biking home from work isn't that feasible during the winter months, considering the fact I get off work at 11 at night during the school year, but I can still walk in. Fortunately, I'm on my feet for most of the eight hours I'm there, so that'll be calories burned by walking around there.
So, those are mine. Did you make yours? What are they?

Comments

Popular Posts